Saturday, May 18, 2013

Review: {Holika Holika} Holy Berry Tint

Hehehe I'm in a very good mood now so I decided to do a review. I just can't stop smiling now :D

What I'm reviewing now is Holika Holika's Holy berry in the shade number 1 Strawberry! It has 2 shades, 1 Strawberry, 2 Raspberry and 3 orange. I got the first 1 strawberry! I was swatching it in the shop and decided to go for the first one (:

The product comes in the tube thing and has a normal lip gloss kind of applicator. Forgot to take a picture of the applicator.

 photo 20130517_174927_zps6cbe1ac2.jpg
Front

 photo 20130517_175021_zps396862d2.jpg
01 Strawberry! Can you see the little sticker that indicates the fruit? It's so cute. Pardon the ugly tear i just twisted it off when I got it hehe.

 photo 20130517_175055_zps05dc4398.jpg
The bottom of the packaging.


 photo 20130517_174238_zpsec488c94.jpg
Swatch on my hand.

 photo 20130517_174320_zpsc2c6433d.jpg
Smudged. It's a really pretty dark pink! You can use it on your cheeks too!


 photo 20130517_173709_zps17e246a2.jpg
Barelips
 photo 20130517_174411_zps77d5f296.jpg
With lip tint!

What Holika Holika Says:


"Holika Holika Holy Berry Tint is a water based tint that leaves your lips with a refreshed feeling. It won’t only moisturize your lips but it also creates a softening effect, by using patented Micro Nutrients Berry Blend. Water-soluble pigment creates more vivid color, which makes it great to use before lipsticks or glosses for longer lasting and added color."

PROS:
-Nice colour

-Good for gradient lips

-Strawberry scent which is quite ok smelling for me might be cons for other people.

-Easily spread 

-Buildable colour

-Long lasting

-Cute!

CONS:
-Drying, unlike what it says. It's better to use a lipbalm before appling this!

Overall rating: 4/5 If it was moisturizing it would get a 5/5! Oh well. 

Repurchase?: Maybe but not this colour. I might be trying out other brands since there is so many other brands out there in the market!

Oh and I was feeling a little vain 

 photo 20130517_174135_zps5af36f8a.jpg

 photo 20130517_174118_zpsffd097e7.jpg
 photo 20130517_173613_zpsd683cdb4.jpg
P/s: Anyone can recommend a good moisturizer/emulsion to me? I'm running low!


8 comments:

  1. pretty color, i thought liptint always give a drying effect so lipbalm is a must

    oh, moisturizer.. i used the face shop arsainte eco-therapy daily moisturizer and it's good :D

    xxx
    aboutbeautyandcosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Liptints are normaly drying but it said it was suppose to be moisturizing! but I do like it overall!

      I might try out that moisturizer then! ^^

      Delete
  2. I have this too I really like it! ^^ Except mine looks more orange for some reason :P
    Looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is in the shade strawberry so it's pinky I guess? Really? *shy* I use this when I go to college because it's a tint I don't have to constantly reapply it!^^

      Delete
  3. the colour is lovely, a lot more vivid than i thought it would look, I really need to try this :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes you should try this! ^^ I think the price was really reasonable and it'll last a ling time!

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty color! Hi, new follower here :3 Tony Moly lip tints are the best, I remember using them a couple years back but that's awesome that they're scented now, and I love how affordable they are. Lip tints are kinda expensive here in the US. Thanks for sharing this product :D

    http://withlove-tiffany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for following ^^ I'll check out your blog too (: I have yet to try tony moly lip tints since the store located in Malaysia is pretty far from where I live and actually all korean cosmetics here are pretty expensive too so it's better to buy online hehehe.

      Delete